17 Apr 5 Breweries and Distilleries to Discover around Stowe, VT
According to a 2015 poll by Statista, Vermont leads the US in breweries per capita (9.4 per 100,000 people if you’re counting)! But our love of small batch and artisanal libations does not stop there.
Local and award-winning breweries, wineries, distilleries, and cider makers dot the Green Mountain State, and many of them are convenient to Stowe, VT.
If you’re vacationing in Stowe, round out your trip, or even make it the focal point, by visiting, tasting, and touring some of our favorite beverage-making businesses!
Breweries and Distilleries around Stowe, VT
- Boyden Valley Winery and Spirits – Consider this a convenient one-stop-shop, especially if you’re short on time. Boyden Valley is an award-winning winery, cidery, and distillery that offers tours and tastings in Cambridge, Vermont, or stop by their Waterbury annex.
- Green Mountain Distillers – Hand-crafted and organic spirits are at the heart of this small, local company that’s in its 15th year of operation. Tours are available and the tasting room is open Thursdays through Saturdays from noon to 5 pm.
- von Trapp Brewing – An Austrian-style brewery in the heart of Vermont that is brought to you by one of the state’s most famous families. Started in 2010 by Johannes von Trapp, this brewery produces crisp lagers in the Austrian style. Come for the beer, and stay for a hearty meal at the Bier Hall featuring a full dinner menu.
- Stowe Cider – A relatively new addition to the Vermont craft scene, Stowe Cider has become popular among locals in the past few years. Located right on the Mountain Road in Stowe, they use many local ingredients and offer several unique varieties on tap that you can taste and take with you!
- Idyltime Brewing Company – A local favorite, Idyltime offers a great experience for their visitors, with local beers brewed on site, a full restaurant, and an outdoor biergarten in the summer that is accessible directly from the Stowe Bike Path! It’s a great way to spend an afternoon or to find a quick refreshment after a tour on two wheels.
Thirsty yet? The good news – all of these local spots are located within or near Stowe, VT making it a great place to stay and start your tour! Join us and get ready to raise a glass!