It’s early September, which can only mean one thing: autumn’s long-awaited peak is fast approaching. It’s no secret that Vermont’s Green Mountains remain one of the most desirable fall destinations in the world. Every autumn, the emerald green forest transforms into a kaleidoscope of colors, including vibrant hues of amber, marigold, crimson, and kelly. Casual leaf-peepers, self-proclaimed autumnophiles, and romantics flock to Edson Hill to commemorate the most seductive of seasons. Couples are always searching for playful, tantalizing fall date ideas that will assuredly spice up their autumnal escape. The most memorable fall date ideas in Vermont typically revolve around the state’s natural beauty, so it helps to have a penchant for the outdoors. However, there’s plenty of “indoor sophistication,” especially if you choose opulent yet rustic Edson Hill.
Spice up Your Vermont Getaway: 20 Unique Fall Date Ideas
Before we delve into these 20 passionate, adventurous fall date ideas, it’s critical to note that autumn’s typically peak season runs from the last week of September through the first two weeks of October. Edson Hill’s locale on the north end of town is a spectacle in and of itself, as our 38-acre estate features a serene pond, winding trails, curious woodland critters, and lush forestry. Remember to pack plenty of flannel, a thermos, mittens, and extra layers, just in case Mother Nature ushers in an unexpected cold front.
- Hike to an awe-inspiring summit, such as the Stowe Pinnacle peak.
- Stroll through a picturesque covered bridge. Perhaps Gold Brook?
- Hop into the car and go for a long drive through the countryside.
- Play 18 holes of golf at a nearby course.
- Sign up for a Four Points brewery tour, which includes transportation to and from Edson Hill.
- Find a hidden waterfall.
- Try glassblowing at Little River HotGlass Studio.
- Meander through the grapevines at Boyden Valley Winery.
- Climb aboard the Gondola SkyRide en route to the famous Mount Mansfield.
- Kayak (or canoe) on Waterbury Reservoir.
- Enjoy a pumpkin-spiced beverage at Black Cap Coffee or PK Coffee while simultaneously planning the rest of your trip.
- Embark on a culinary voyage at Edson Hill, featuring seasonally-inspired entrees and desserts.
- Purchase some goodies at Cold Hollow Cider Mill, including authentic maple syrup, hard cider, and, of course, cider doughnuts.
- Ride through the region’s peaks and valley aboard the Green Mountain Railroad.
- Read a Stephen King novel in your cozy cottage to ready yourselves for Halloween’s inevitable arrival.
- Escape the daunting Percy Farm Corn Maze.
- “Snap” the perfect selfie amid our 38-acre farmstead, only minutes north of downtown Stowe.
- Zip through the Green Mountains via ArborTrek Canopy Adventures.
- Peruse through late-season edibles and flowery at the Stowe Farmers Market.
- Play card games around a crackling, wood-burning fireplace inside an Edson Hill guest room.
Romantic Getaways in Vermont: Edson Hill
Edson Hill, the top-rated boutique hotel in Stowe, is an idyllic four-season haven for New Englanders, especially those who appreciate the countryside, innovative cuisines, and handcrafted interior design. After persuing a handful of these fall date ideas, return to the estate for poached salmon or braised rabbit before taking a stroll around the private pond at dusk. Then, once darkness has blanketed the topography, retreat into your cozy guest room for a memorable evening beside your warm, wood-burning fireplace. To book a well-deserved autumn vacay to our quintessential Vermont inn, please check availability online (or call us directly at 802-253-7371).