We’re on the cusp of yet another golden, lush summer here in Stowe, Vermont, New England’s most desirable adventure-based destination. But there’s so much more to love about the Green Mountains beside the outdoors. Our beautiful town, for instance, is beloved for its award-winning craft beer scene, picturesque architecture, and sophisticated inns, such as Edson Hill, a sprawling, 38-acre estate sandwiched in-between downtown and a world-famous ski area. Summer in Stowe, Vermont, unlike other seasons, is particularly refreshing, rejuvenating, and altogether enticing, thanks to the vibrant hues of green that engulf the land.
Summer in Stowe, Vermont: 10 Reasons to Visit
Naturally, the Edson Hill team has compiled 10 unique reasons to visit our countryside inn during summer’s golden radiance. Remember: summer in Stowe, Vermont, is actually less frequented than autumn or winter, as New Englanders cannot get enough of our heartwarming foliage and world-class slopes.
- Hike into the heart of the Green Mountains. Many of the area’s most beloved hiking trails, such as Pinnacle Trail, Nebraska Notch, and The Nose, are just a short drive from our peaceful respite.
- Embark on a guided Green Mountain brewery tour, with stops at The Alchemist, Idletyme Brewing, von Trapp, and many more neighboring staples. The Brew Tour package is idyllic for craft beer aficionados.
- Soar to the top of Mount Mansfield on the Gondola SkyRide, where you’ll discover jaw-dropping vantage points, a handful of walking paths, and a popular restaurant.
- Pedal through dense forestry on a state-of-the-art Yeti or GT. The area is renowned for its wild singletrack, especially inside Sterling Forest, Adams Camp, and Cady Hill Forest.
- Savor a picnic here at Edson Hill. There are 38 peaceful acres at your disposal, including a serene pond, rolling hills, towering beeches, and pale birches.
- Go waterfalling in search of authentic tranquility, a mid-summer shower, and a healthy amount of photographs worth revisiting. Summer in Stowe, Vermont, is incomplete without a trip to Moss Glen Falls, Bingham Falls, Bolton Potholes, and, oh, the other Moss Glen Falls.
- Fly high above the earth on one of the wildest canopy tours in New England. ArborTrek Canopy Adventures is consistently ranked among the best zip lines in the country.
- Take a day-trip to Waterbury for some Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, cider doughnuts, and a hike to the top of Camel’s Hump.
- Paddle (via kayak or canoe) onto Sterling Pond, Lake Elmore, Lake Mansfield, or the Waterbury Reservoir.
- Bask in the rustic sophistication of a Gauthier-Stacy-designed guest house. Each guest house features distinct charm, as well as countless modern conveniences, such as plush robes, a gas fireplace, flat-screen television, high-speed internet, and king-sized bed.
A Summer Vacation in Vermont
Due to the current state of the world, summer in Stowe, Vermont, has never been more enticing than it is now. To book a long-awaited Vermont getaway, please don’t hesitate to visit us online at EdsonHill.com. As one of the top-reviewed romantic getaways in Vermont, we’re expecting a full house this summer. So, please act fast! To keep up to date with current affairs, please follow us on our social media channels (or click this link).