Vermont has implemented a mandatory quarantine for anyone returning or traveling to Vermont.
PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY: Due to rising COVID-19 case counts across the Northeast, effective on November 10, 2020, the State of Vermont has suspended its leisure travel map and implemented a mandatory quarantine for anyone returning or traveling to Vermont.
You can view detailed quarantine requirements & updates here: Cross State Travel Information
State-Wide Mask Mandates
As of Saturday, August 1, 2020, Vermonters and visitors are required to wear masks or cloth facial coverings over their nose and mouth any time they are in public spaces, indoors or outdoors, where they come in contact with others from outside their households, especially in congregate settings, and where it is not possible to maintain a physical distance of at least six feet. While dining at Edson Hill, masks may be removed once seated at your table, but must be worn when getting up to use the restroom or to leave your table.
You can view detailed requirements & updates here: Mask Mandates
Dear Friends of Edson Hill,
The Inn & Restaurant are currently open, while closely & cautiously following direction from Governor Scott, the CDC, and WHO.
For any questions regarding existing or future reservations, please call the Inn at 802-253-7371.
We know we are very fortunate to be in a setting where folks came to socially distance long before this. Secluded on 38 acres, with only 22 guest rooms, and many guest house accommodations with private entrances, we have the advantage of space built in. Our abundance of outdoor spaces provide many opportunities for dining with your friends & family without being in close proximity to other parties.
We are committed to the health of our team, our guests, and our communities. We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic has been cause for concern and anxiety when it comes to dining & travel. As you consider your future plans and return to normalcy, we invite you to speak to us directly if you have any questions or concerns. In the meantime, we wanted to clearly outline the precautions we’re taking to keep everyone safe as well as our new service format.
We hope that all of our guests, vendors, and friends stay safe and healthy during this trying time and we look forward to, once again, sharing brighter times together.
The Edson Hill Family
The Dining Room & Tavern . . .
Restaurant Dining is an inherently intimate experience by its nature, however, we have implemented new protocols to keep our staff and guests as protected as possible while we continue to serve you in a way that is familiar, but safe.
- Advanced reservations are required for Restaurant guests dining or drinking on our Estate. We will not accept walk-ins unless there is availability, and a reservation is made on the spot.
- Please arrive promptly for your scheduled reservation. This will allow time to complete the contract tracing forms required by the State of Vermont, and allow our staff to escort parties to their tables without coming into contact with other parties.
- All tables are set at least 10’ apart. No seating is available at the bar.
- Reservations may only be made for parties residing in one household (same address) at this time.
- Our team will wear masks at all times while working, and we require that our guests wear masks when not seated at their table.
- For anyone who does not wish to dine in the restaurant, we are excited to introduce a family-style to-go offering. Advanced reservations and pick up times will be required. More information about these offerings may be found on our Dining Page.
We are thrilled to continue to offer farm-forward, fine dining with the best views in Stowe, and so appreciate your support and patience as we navigate this new world of regulations for restaurants.
The Inn . . .
At Edson Hill, the safety of our guests and staff has always been and always will be our highest priority. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit, knowing you’ll experience the luxury you expect from Edson Hill.
We take many preventative measures to ensure the health of everyone we are so grateful to welcome to our Inn & Restaurant. On a daily basis, we’re working to ensure that we meet the latest CDC guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our approach to fighting the spread of COVID-19 includes:
- Until further notice, we will not be booking guest room accommodations in our Manor House.
- We have implemented social distancing and reduced person-to-person contact, eliminated potential threats where possible, ehanced controls where we cannot, and use Personal Protective Equipment wherever we can.
- Our team of housekeeping professionals follow strict protocol and always look for ways to improve upon our standards. Extra sanitization and exposure limiting measures are in place. Daily towel & trash service will still be coordinated.
- Amenities such as pads & pens, and extra decor like throw pillows, have been removed from guest rooms. These items are available upon request.
- Every guest room is inspected prior to our guest arrival to ensure it meets our high standards.
- Guest check-in and check-out will be contactless and conducted via telephone with our Front Desk.
Our third stay at Edson Hill was just as special l as the other two…even with the Covid protocols in place. Outdoor check-in was seamless. We’ve stayed in the manor house and the cottages and I’d be hard pressed to pick a favorite, they’re all exquisitely decorated, spacious and have the most comfortable beds. The wood burning fireplaces add to the ambiance. We dined at the restaurant both nights of our stay – it’s simply the best restaurant in the Stowe area. The complimentary breakfast is made to order and the selection makes it hard to choose. The staff is warm, friendly and professional. They go above and beyond to make your stay relaxing and memorable. Looking forward to planning our next visit to this Vermont gem! – Janet D.