Strict interstate travel and quarantine requirements are in place for travel to Vermont.
PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY: Interstate travel to and from specific counties in New England, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio with 400 or fewer active COVID-19 cases per million is permitted without quarantine requirements. In addition, the state has issued quarantine requirements for interstate travel to and from counties with 400 or more active COVID-19 cases per million.
You can view weekly updates as to which counties are under this threshold, and detailed quarantine requirements & updates here: Cross State Travel Information
Dear Friends of Edson Hill,
We are excited to cautiously re-open the Inn & Restaurant, while closely following direction from Governor Scott, the CDC, and WHO.
For any questions regarding existing or future reservations, please call the Inn at 802-253-7371.
With the sun getting stronger, and the days getting longer, we could not imagine a better time to share Edson Hill with all of you again. We know we are very fortunate to be in a setting where folks came to socially distance long before this. Secluded on 38 acres, with only 22 guest rooms, and many guest house accommodations with private entrances, we have the advantage of space built in. Our abundance of outdoor spaces provide many opportunities for dining with your friends & family without being in close proximity to other parties.
We are committed to the health of our team, our guests, and our communities. We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic has been cause for concern and anxiety when it comes to dining & travel. As you consider your future plans and return to normalcy, we invite you to speak to us directly if you have any questions or concerns. In the meantime, we wanted to clearly outline the precautions we’re taking to keep everyone safe as well as our new service format.
We hope that all of our guests, vendors, and friends stay safe and healthy during this trying time and we look forward to, once again, sharing brighter times together.
The Edson Hill Family
The Dining Room & Tavern . . .
Restaurant Dining is an inherently intimate experience by its nature, however, we have implemented new protocols to keep our staff and guests as protected as possible while we continue to serve you in a way that is familiar, but safe.
- Advanced reservations are required for Restaurant guests dining or drinking on our Estate. We will not accept walk-ins unless there is availability, and a reservation is made on the spot.
- Please arrive promptly to your scheduled reservation. This will allow time to complete the contract tracing forms required by the State of Vermont, and allow our staff to escort parties to their tables without coming into contact with other parties.
- All reservations will check in at our new outdoor host stand on the Patio.
- Access to the Manor House will be for restroom use only.
- Until further notice, we will only be offering outdoor dining service at reserved tables on our Upper Patio with retractable awning and tent. Diners will be under cover, but please be prepared for cool weather if that is in the forecast for your reservation date. The Tavern will remain closed.
- All tables are set at least 10’ apart, with a maximum party size of 10 guests allowed.
- Our team will wear masks at all times while working, and we require that our guests wear masks when not seated at their table.
- For anyone who does not wish to dine in the restaurant, we are excited to introduce an on-property picnic offering. Advanced reservations and pick up times will be required. More information about these offerings may be found on our Dining Page .
We are thrilled to continue to offer farm-forward, fine dining with the best views in Stowe, and so appreciate your support and patience as we navigate this new world of regulations for restaurants.
The Inn . . .
At Edson Hill, the safety of our guests and staff has always been and always will be our highest priority. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit, knowing you’ll experience the luxury you expect from Edson Hill.
We take many preventative measures to ensure the health of everyone we are so grateful to welcome to our Inn & Restaurant. On a daily basis, we’re working to ensure that we meet the latest CDC guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our approach to fighting the spread of COVID-19 includes:
- Expanding social distancing and reducing person-to-person contact, eliminating potential threats where possible, enhancing controls where we cannot, and using Personal Protective Equipment usage wherever we can.
- Our team of housekeeping professionals follow strict protocol and always look for ways to improve upon our standards. Extra sanitization and exposure limiting measures are in place to include reducing the frequency of daily housekeeping in each room to every three days. Daily towel & trash service will still be coordinated.
- Amenities such as hairdryers, and pads & pens, and extra decor like throw pillows, have been removed from guest rooms. These items are available upon request.
- Every guest room is inspected prior to our guest arrival to ensure it meets our high standards.
- Until further notice, we will only be able to offer eleven guest rooms per night, according to regulations put in place by the State of Vermont. As a phased reopening is expected, we are maintaining a wait list for reservations that may be honored as restrictions are reduced.
- Guest check-in and check-out will be contactless and conducted via telephone with our Front Desk.