Call nowBook now

Frequently Asked


Edson Hill

Do you have dates available in 2023?

We are currently fully committed for weddings & celebrations in 2023. Certain dates are still available for room blocks and rehearsal dinners.

Are you booking Weddings or Events for 2024?

We are not yet booking events for 2024. In the meantime, you might enjoy taking a look at our Blog and Wedding Gallery where several of the celebrations recently hosted at Edson Hill are featured.

How many guests can you accommodate in sleeping accommodations on site?

Our 7 Manor House Rooms and 15 Guest House Rooms provide 22 individually designed and inspired accommodations for up to 63 of your closest family and friends. We see an average of 45 – 50 guests sleeping on property for wedding weekends.

Where should my additional out of town guests stay?

We would be happy to talk over the many nearby hotel options in Stowe. Please ask our Event Manager for more information.

How many guests can you accommodate for a sit down reception?

We can host up to 200 guests for a seated reception in a large 51’ x 111’ Tent (rental costs apply) in our event meadow.

How many guests can you accommodate for an event at the Manor House?

The Upper Patio with a custom, retractable awning can host up to 70 guests for a seated event.

The Dining Room can host up to 45 guests for a seated event.

When can I visit the property?

Edson Hill is a private property with access limited to registered guests of the Inn or parties with Dining Reservations only. All visits to the property are to be arranged by appointment. It is our utmost priority to protect the privacy and safety of our guests and be respectful of their time while checked into guest rooms on property. We also want to make sure that when you visit, a member of our event planning team is available to open up the Manor House and any available guest rooms, provide accurate information, and assist with escorting you to the many areas on the estate. During our peak season (June – October) we have limited tour availability, as weddings are often renting out the property with exclusive private access. We will do our very best to accommodate your visit to Edson Hill. Please visit our contact page to schedule a time to visit; We would love to have you.

What equipment do you provide? Are rentals required?

Weddings with over 60 guests require a tented event. All necessary rentals are your responsibility (to include the tent, dance floor, tables, chairs, glassware and flatware, catering equipment, etc.). We would be happy to provide a basic rental quote for an Edson Hill wedding. For parties of 60 or less hosted at the Manor House in the Dining Room or the Patio, Edson Hill will be able to supply most items needed to host the event, though they will still be responsible for some necessary rentals to include ceremony seating.

Are there any vendor restrictions?

Edson Hill does require you to work with one of our approved rental companies for any tents erected on our property. 3rd party Event Planners or Designers must be approved by Edson Hill. Otherwise, we welcome your choice of creative professionals. Upon booking, our event manager will share our preferred vendor list with you; an excellent resource of professionals we and our clients have enjoyed working with.

Do you have any noise restrictions?

There is a 10:00 PM noise ordinance in our community for amplified music. Our wedding parties migrate to our Taven for an after party to continue the celebrations without losing momentum!

Can we bring in our own caterer?

No, Edson Hill is the only licensed caterer permitted to serve food or beverage on property. No outside food or beverages of any kind can be brought into any of the hotel’s Food and Beverage outlets (i.e. Restaurants, Bars, and/or Catered events) by you or any of your guests, invitees or attendees.

Can we bring in our own alcohol?

No, Edson Hill’s VT state liquor license requires that alcoholic beverages may only be dispensed by Edson Hill Employees and may only be served on licensed premises. Corkage is not legal in the State of Vermont. All alcohol served by Edson Hill must be purchased through a licensed distributor in the State of Vermont, per VT State law.

Contact Our

Event Coordinator

Edson Hill

Inquire about pricing and start planning your dream wedding at Edson Hill today!

We Also Host

Rehearsal Dinners
Corporate Retreats &
Private Estate Buyouts

Getting Here visit us

Reservations dine with us

Book Now stay with us