15 Apr 15 Classic New England Activities in Stowe, Vermont
New England (especially the states, regions, and valleys that don’t hug the Atlantic Ocean) is beloved for its natural beauty, outdoor recreation, delicious eats, and historic inns. Vermont, in particular, remains an alluring haven for those with a penchant for adventure, sophistication, and a speck of nostalgia. Deep in the heart of the lush Green Mountains lies bustling Stowe, Vermont, a quintessential New England town that has everything going for it, including prime alpine skiing, award-winning craft beer, and countryside Edson Hill, an homage to the valley’s historical inns, with a modern twist. Edson Hill rests just a couple miles north of town. Thus, guests are always minutes away from countless classic New England activities in Stowe, Vermont.
15 Unique Activities in Stowe, Vermont
Compiling a list of quintessential New England activities in Stowe, Vermont, wasn’t overly burdensome, primarily because this mountainside community continues to thrive in just about every facet of tourism. Thousands of families are in the midst of planning a classic northern Vermont getaway into the Green Mountains. The planning process is where a vacation truly becomes a reality, as you begin to cut away the fat from your itinerary. Below you’ll find 15 distinct activities in Stowe, Vermont, that range from sipping on wild ales to munching on cider donuts. Collectively, these 15 activities hint at the many allures of this lovely mountain town.
- Savor a craft beer at The Alchemist, the birthplace of the New England-style IPA.
- Nordic ski through Stowe’s backcountry.
- Hike to the top of Stowe Pinnacle Trail’s jaw-dropping peak.
- Peddle through 1,500 acres of dense wilderness inside Sterling Forest.
- Experience the true meaning of vibrant fall foliage by visiting Stowe, Vermont, in late September or early October.
- Spend an extended weekend in a charming and historic bed and breakfast, such as peaceful Edson Hill.
- Go hunting for picturesque covered bridges. Start with Gold Brook Covered Bridge.
- Dine on classic coastal cuisines, such as grilled halibut, seared scallops, or Prince Edward Island mussels.
- Try glassblowing at the Little River HotGlass Studio.
- Discover the serene beauty of Moss Glen Falls.
- Hook a trophy cutthroat trout while fly fishing with Catamount Fishing Adventures.
- Slurp up a specialty ice cream cone at Stowe Sweets.
- Soar through the mountains on the Gondola SkyRide.
- Devour a plate of legendary cider donuts at nearby Cold Hollow Cider Mill.
- Read a good book beside a crackling wood-burning fireplace.
Luxurious Lodging in Stowe, Vermont
There’s no better time than right now to book a classic Vermont summer escape to Edson Hill, as we’re expecting droves of gleeful guests in the days and weeks that follow COVID-19’s curve-flattening measures. You may not be able to try all of these 15 activities in Stowe, Vermont, during one extended break, but that shouldn’t stop you from learning more about this densely-forested haven. Edson Hill’s 22-room boutique hotel blends perfectly with its 38-acre property. Each room is a lesson in sophistication and elegance—and you cannot miss out on the complimentary country-style breakfast! Please visit us online today to learn more about our on-site amenities.